1. Am I eligible for in home physician visits?
If you have difficulty getting to a doctor’s office, then in home healthcare visits are likely covered in the same manner as a regular visit to an office based physician.
2. What insurance do you accept?
We accept Medicare and most other private insurances. Private pay options are also available.
3. How much does a VVP house call cost?
We accept Medicare and most insurance for VVP house calls. Deductibles or co-payments required for medical services are handled in the same way as a trip to a physician’s office.
4. Do you take Medicaid or Medi-CAL?
We do not accept straight medical but we do accept Medicare with Medical as secondary insurance.
5. Do you take private pay patients?
Yes, we do accept private pay patients. Please contact our office for further details.
6. How quickly can a doctor visit?
During weekdays every attempt is made to visit patient within 24-48 hours. Please Contact Us to request a visit.
7. Is in home care offered on the weekend?
Ordinarily the house call doctor makes visits Monday thru Friday.
8. How often do home doctors come out to visit?
Your health care needs will determine house call frequency. If you are sick and experiencing issues, your doctor will see you more often and when necessary the VVP team will admit you and see you daily in the hospital.
9. Do I need a referral from my primary care doctor “?
No referrals are ever needed to enroll in Valley Visiting Physicians program.
10. How can I reach my doctor after business hours for urgent matters?
VVP has triage support 24/7 365 days available.Our providers are available through 760-770-7622 and 760-770-7600.Just follow the directions which suit your need.
11. What if I have to go to the hospital?
Valley Visiting Physicians team will follow you to the hospital or nursing home for continuation of care.
12. What are the in home care doctor hours?
The in home care doctor hours are Monday thru Friday, 9:00am to 5:00pm.
13. Will I see the same doctor on each house call?
We make every effort to send the same doctor to visit you for each house call.
14. Can I still see my regular doctor?
Valley Visiting Physicians can either augment services in conjunction with your regular physician or we can assume services as your Primary Care Physician.
15. What if I need to contact my doctor after hours?
After hours, we have an on-call service that is available to for all emergencies or access to the health care provider.
16. Do you come out for emergency visits?
Please contact us at any time to schedule a regular or follow up visit. However, if it is a life threatening emergency, please call 911 or go to the emergency room.
17. Do you take HMO Patients?
We do not accept HMO patients for home visits, however you can call and make private pay arrangements with us. Call Dr. Rupi Mann’s office at 760-770-7600 for further options.
18. What is the coverage area for Valley Visiting Physicians ?
Valley Visiting Physicians see patients in the entire Coachella Valley,Yucca Valley and Twentynine Palms area.However we are growing fast and if your home is not in the above mentioned locations do call or email to us about possibility of a visit.
19. Can VVP providers do urgent visits?
We can see a patient at an approximately 48 hours notice however our service is not meant to replace any urgent or emergent health concerns and we would encourage you to go to nearest urgent care or call 911 as the case may be.
20. I am ready to try out valley Visiting Physicians,are there any obligations?
None.There is no contract to sign.You are in charge of your healthcare and with a 24 hour or more notice you can cancel your appointment.
*For X-Ray and Ultrasound services, 3rd Party Charges May Apply.